Thank you for signing up to the Greater Manchester South Taster Route!
Please find instructions below on how to access your route.
If you have any questions get in touch on social media or email email@example.com
Where in Greater Manchester?
A SixPack park run of sorts! Rewarding, scenic and heritage trail route through The Carrs Park and up towards a brief step back in history within Styal Country Park before a flowing return home.
CAR PARK: Take care of vehicles when crossing through car park (out and back).
PARK USERS: Both The Carrs and Styal Country Park are very popular with visitors and dog walkers. Please be courteous when sharing space at all times.
We hope we won’t offend the good people of Wilmslow by suggesting that they are residents of Greater Manchester South but this little gem of a route just had to be part of our SixPack challenge. You’ll soon see why as a meandering and well surfaced path leads you through the lovely Carrs Park and soon towards the National Trust’s Styal Country Park. Hedgerows direct you en route to the step back into history that is Quarry Bank Mill – one of the UK’s great industrial heritage sites. The river which once powered the mill is your close friend for a while before you pop back into The Carrs for a super flat finish. A café is right by you so perhaps super flat to flat white might now be the order of the day. At 5k , that’s our version of a lovely park run and you’ve just done it style
There is an on-site car park at The Carrs, SK9 4AA. Costs from £0.30p for up to two hours. The location is a short walk from the town centre.
General safety considerations
• Ensure someone knows when and where you are going and your approximate return time
• Take time to familiarise yourself with the route before you head out. RunGo allows you to print off a simple route map with all turn points too
• Always carry a means of contacting someone should you become lost, unable to complete the route or need urgent medical assistance
• We recommend the use of a tracking service if your app or timing device has the functionality
• We also suggest having a grid reference app or the ‘what3words’ app available should you need to give someone your specific location quickly
• All the Nottingham SixPack routes are multi-terrain and liable to be occasionally muddy and slippery in parts, so please do take care
• We suggest participating with a buddy, especially if you are inexperienced in off-road terrain
• For those who are more competitive, don’t race the route until you are familiar with it. Most routes will involve the occasional road crossing and being aware of your
surroundings is always essential.
Our tip: Complete the route twice prior to putting the hammer down!
• Be aware of the weather forecast: don’t undertake hard physical effort in extreme heat, cold, rain, etc.
• Don’t exercise when suffering from a respiratory infection. For anyone suffering or recovering from an underlying illness, injury or medical condition please seek professional guidance before undertaking the challenge.
• Remember that we will always be sharing these beautiful routes with others. So, give way, say hello, don’t barge through, and most of all enjoy!