Thank you for signing up to the Nottingham Taster Route!
Please find instructions below on how to access your route.
If you have any questions get in touch on social media or email email@example.com
Where in Nottingham?
COTGRAVE COUNTRY PARK
Varied multi-terrain including well-maintained park paths, woodland trails and surfaced paths. One challenging, but rewarding, hill to keep you honest. Footwear with some traction recommended though the majority of the route is on firm tracks and trails.
FISHERMAN’S VEHICLES: Fisherman are allowed vehicular access to the lake. Be vigilant when in this area.
HEIGHT RESTRICTION: Please note that there is a 2m height restrictor for vehicles using the main visitor car park.
Situated on the reclaimed land of an old colliery site, Cotgrave Country Park certainly packs a punch in terms of natural beauty, myriad trails and a spectacular view across the city. A gentle start on excellent trails, followed by a scenic lakeside reward after a small ascent.
Thereafter you’ll meander your way before a challenging climb is rewarded with a panoramic city vista. Heading downhill and home now to a finish point just a short walk from the car park and start point. If you missed where Leaky Hollow was on the route…you will just have to pay a return visit!
Free parking for cars (beware of 2m height limiting barrier) is off Holygate Lane NG12 3HE.
Refreshments including shops and café are available in Cotgrave itself (600 metres away)
General safety considerations
• Ensure someone knows when and where you are going and your approximate return time
• Take time to familiarise yourself with the route before you head out. RunGo allows you to print off a simple route map with all turn points too
• Always carry a means of contacting someone should you become lost, unable to complete the route or need urgent medical assistance
• We recommend the use of a tracking service if your app or timing device has the functionality
• We also suggest having a grid reference app or the ‘what3words’ app available should you need to give someone your specific location quickly
• All the Nottingham SixPack routes are multi-terrain and liable to be occasionally muddy and slippery in parts, so please do take care
• We suggest participating with a buddy, especially if you are inexperienced in off-road terrain
• For those who are more competitive, don’t race the route until you are familiar with it. Most routes will involve the occasional road crossing and being aware of your
surroundings is always essential.
Our tip: Complete the route twice prior to putting the hammer down!
• Be aware of the weather forecast: don’t undertake hard physical effort in extreme heat, cold, rain, etc.
• Don’t exercise when suffering from a respiratory infection. For anyone suffering or recovering from an underlying illness, injury or medical condition please seek professional guidance before undertaking the challenge.
• Remember that we will always be sharing these beautiful routes with others. So, give way, say hello, don’t barge through, and most of all enjoy!